1. Introduction & General Terms
In order to provide you with the best experience, we sometimes need to collect information. This can range from when you set up an account on our website, to our complying with US and International laws, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the European Union, to our keeping track of your email preferences so we only send you relevant emails.
- what information Fox Optimization may collect about you;
- how Fox Optimization will use the information we collect about you;
- when Fox Optimization may use your details to contact you;
- whether Fox Optimization will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal data you provide to us;
- and your rights with regard to your personal data.
Fox Optimization is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such data, we are legally obliged to use your data in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal data.
2. Who are you?
Fox Optimization is in the business of helping companies solve their staff scheduling, production planning, and vehicle routing problems by providing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and related support. We also operate multiple online websites.
Controller in the meaning of the GDPR is:
Fox Optimization, LLC.
12580 Oak Glen Drive
Reno, NV 89511
Phone: +1 775-842-0326
3. What personal data will Fox Optimization collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Fox Optimization’s application software, services, activities or online content, sign up for a webinar, or create an account using Fox Optimization’s online registration system, we may receive personal data about you. This can, but is not limited to, consist of information such as your name, email address, country of origin, company as well as your registration and login data. If you do not provide those personal data to us, you cannot set up an account with Fox Optimization and cannot use our products and services.
By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the applications, services, activities or online content you select. The legal basis for such processing is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR since it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
When you visit the Website, we collect the following personal data from you:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of visiting the Website
- The website which referred you to our Website
- Your browser (type and version) and browser settings
- Your operating system
The processing of this information and personal data is necessary for the purposes of providing you the content of our Website adequately, to personalize the information provided so it is most relevant to you and to ensure network and information security and to safeguard the Website from unauthorized access, attacks and damage to computer and electronic communication systems; these are legitimate interests pursued by Fox Optimization and thus the processing is lawful pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
If you do not provide your personal data to us when visiting our Website the use of our Website could be restricted or impossible.
4. How will Fox Optimization use the personal data it collects about me and on what legal basis?
Fox Optimization will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our application software and services, activities or online/email content and to deal with your requests and inquiries (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between Fox Optimization and you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Fox Optimization may contact you for reasons related to the application software, service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance) (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between Fox Optimization and you pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- to contact you about a submission, such as responding to a support request you have made (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between Fox Optimization and you pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- to provide you with information about our application software, services, activities or online/email content (processing of personal data for such direct marketing purposes is based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR since it is carried out for the legitimate interest of Fox Optimization of informing its customers about new software, services, activities or content). You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please address your objection to Fox Optimization or our representative at the contact details stated above;
- to analyze and improve the applications, content and services offered on and off the Website, to personalize the way Fox Optimization content is presented to you and to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience (processing of personal data for such purposes is a legitimate interest pursued by Fox Optimization based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR);
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, and to establish the number of visits from different countries (processing of personal data for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Fox Optimization to improve your experience on our Website by offering adequate language preferences and to secure our networks and systems against attacks based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR); and
- Fox Optimization may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified or identifiable) for marketing and strategic development purposes (processing of personal data for marketing and strategic development purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Fox Optimization based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
5. When will Fox Optimization contact me?
Fox Optimization may contact you:
- in relation to any application, product or service (includes activities such as training events as well as online or email content) you have signed up for in order to ensure that Fox Optimization can deliver those to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Fox Optimization software or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Fox Optimization, e.g. on a Fox Optimization message board or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Fox Optimization products and services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing or sales purposes, provided that you have not objected to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing or sales purposes?
When you have set up an account with Fox Optimization, we will only use your information for marketing or sales purposes, such as to let you know about product releases, new product offerings, educational webinars, free product evaluations, satisfaction surveys, or upcoming trade-shows we will be attending, where you have not chosen to object.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please address your objection to Fox Optimization or our representative at the contact details stated above.
7. Will Fox Optimization share my personal data with anyone else?
We will keep your information and personal data confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Fox Optimization or within sales and support offices of subsidiaries or exclusive distributors located near you. This sharing of your personal data with sales and support offices is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Fox Optimization regarding the use of our products and services or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. However, sometimes Fox Optimization uses third parties to process your information on our behalf.
a. Fox Optimization enters into a controller – processor contract with such third parties and requires these third parties keep the information confidential and secure, to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and that they do not use your personal data for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal data in this way.
b. When we collect personal data from you in the European Union we will transfer those personal data to Fox Optimization, LLC. located in the USA
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal data to Fox Optimization. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal data.
9. How long will Fox Optimization keep my personal data?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Fox Optimization unless statutory retention obligations require a longer retention of your personal data.
10. Can I find out what personal data Fox Optimization holds about me and what other rights do I have?
You have the right to access your personal data pursuant to Article 15 GDPR and to request a copy of the personal data Fox Optimization holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. For any further copies requested by you, we may charge a fee of $15 based on administrative costs. We may require you to prove your identity.
In addition, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to rectification of your personal data pursuant to Article 16 GDPR
- Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Article 17
- Right to the restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR
- Where the processing is based on your consent, your right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR
11. Cookies Policy – Information Fox Optimization collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Fox Optimization’s Website, cookies record information about your preferences and interests on www.foxoptimization.com, allow us to set up an account for you, allow us to keep track of if you are logged in or not (to access your account), and allow us to understand how you are using the site and our applications so we can make improvements.
c. Fox Optimization cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies that are set on your device, you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalized features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites’ features.
d. Google Analytics
Fox Optimization, LLC., SmartFill, Staff Fox, and the Fox Optimization logo and design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Fox Optimization, LLC. All other company and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders, and are hereby acknowledged as such by Fox Optimization, LLC.
14. Fox Optimization Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
12580 Oak Glen Drive
Reno, NV 89511 USA
Information about your right to object to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
1. You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6(1)(e) or Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. Fox Optimization shall no longer process the personal data unless Fox Optimization demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
2. Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.